Re: Stop shipping static libraries for NetBSD

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc. wrote:
> To me it is just as sad that NetBSD, in its role as as a binary-only
> vendor, would like to take the same attitude that Sun and Apple and
> Microsoft have done and also force everyone providing source-based
> software to those using those binary-only distributions to be totally
> locked into the "everything must be dynamic all the time" mindset.

Please distinguish between what Jason wants and what NetBSD wants.
Also, I don't think even Jason wants what you describe above.

By the way, I am opposed to the idea of no longer shipping static
libraries by default, which is what I think Jason was proposing.  I am
also opposed to the idea of no longer having the ability to build static
libraries, which is what I think that you thought Jason was proposing.

--apb (Alan Barrett)