Re: ar "zero" flag

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 08:39:45AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> I am not aware of embedded processors currently manufactured that
> emulate the original x386 instruction set.

the intel i386ex (embedded 80386) was brought back into production by
intel after a planned discontinuance.  it's obviously not reccomended
for new designs, but there are enough people still using it in
production that intel couldn't kill it when they tried.

> They universally emulate much more recent processors (and indeed, they
> appear to universally have integrated floating point coprocessors,
> though I may be mistaken on that last bit).

there are a few FPU-less available from couple manufacturers: the
vortex86SX from http://www.dmp.com.tw/ and the ALi M6117D
system-on-chip, http://www.m6117d.com/index2.html .

I'll grant they aren't common, but they are out there.

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost