Re: ar "zero" flag

> > [..] The actual
> > i386 processor is practically desupported in recent versions. Somebody
> > else proposed dropping support for building a.out and now you say it's
> > time to deprecate static linking.
> Just a few side notes: these three changes/proposals are realy different
> things if you look at them closer - there is no big cabal moving NetBSD
> into MacOS XI behind the scenes:
Well, that sounds really relieving. Now I feel at ease. Thanks :)

>  - the "real" i386 support did cost us runtime on a very popular arch,
>    and apparently was completely (or close to) unused. If anyone with
>    such machines in working codition is out there, please speak up - we
>    could always revive support for it as a different port, provided someone
>    has long term interest in it. I won't hold my breath.
I have three such machines. Two of them are in perfect working order and one
is on my local network. They run no mission-critical apps but still do a good
job. I wouldn't like to throw them away.

> Sorry, I know this is off topic. I'll shut up now.
I'm really grateful you would care to explain all this to me. Thank you
again.

Best regards