Re: sh3 mcontext change

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 01:40:54 +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> gdb uses ptrace, so versioning PT_{GET,SET}REGS should take care of
> that (old binaries will work with new kernels).  Plus gdb will have to
> be taught about the new field in struct reg that is available if
> PT_OLD{GET,SET}REGS are defined (i.e. when PT_{GET,SET}REGS returns a
> new, bigger struct reg) so that new gdb sources can be compiled
> against both old and new headers.

As far as I can tell versioning GETREGS also automagically versions
core file format (PT_GETREGS and sizeof(reg) are written in an elf
note).

struct reg is also written in kernel crashdump, but I'm not even sure
someone ever tested kernel crashdumps on sh3, never mind used it :),
so I'm inclined to ignore that issue.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost                       |       Zu Grunde kommen