Re: build.sh: set creation is serialized

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:30 AM, Andrew Doran <ad%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

>  Disk access is not a major factor on the system I'm testing with,
>  presumably because maxvnodes and the number of pages dedicated to
>  file data are fairly high. Perhaps we could tune it at runtime using
>  sysctl if doing a native build.

Well, that'd only work for root builds + native builds, so I don't
think that's a solution.  I can try again here, now that I have a
more-or-less decent disk, with and without a parallel set creation and
let you know the result.

What values have you tuned with sysctl?  Give me the old and new
values if you want me to do some tests here too and see their effect
in OS X.

Thanks!

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84%gmail.com@localhost>