Re: Gcc fix to make sh3 cross-buildable on 64bit build hosts (toolchain/34549)

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 22:56:31 +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> > Suggested fix defers suffix choice until insn-*.c are compiled (for
> > host and thus they see correct auto-host.h defines for wide ints) and
> > is tiny and unintrusive.  But as it potentially affects all ports, I'd
> > like to get an ok from toolchain folks before committing it to the
> > netbsd tree.
>
> Looks reasonable, but is there any response from upstream?

I've attached the fix to the gcc pr, but that pr is unassigned.  Kaz
Kojima (gcc superh maintainer) told me that patch looks ok, but as it
potentially affects all targets, I'd should send the patch to
gcc-patches@ preferably after doing the additional bootstrap and the
top level "make -k check" both on 32 and 64-bit primary targets -
which I, honetsly, just don't have time, expertise or inclination to
do.  So unless someone of our own gcc folks can help with that, it's
somewhat of a stalemate w.r.t. upstream.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost                       |       Zu Grunde kommen
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen