RE: amd64 kernels and text address

On 24-Mar-2008 Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> I am trying to add Multiboot support to amd64 kernels.  The first
> step in doing so is adding the Multiboot header at the beginning of
> the file (within the first 8KB of the _file_).  Unfortunately, adding
> that as the very first thing in the entry point at locore.S does not
> have the desired effect.

I had this exact problem on the ofppc version of ofwboot.  Take a look at the
ofwstart.S file there to see how I worked around it.  Also note, that I used a
second trick to add the same section again later using the ldscript.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/