Re: cross compiling and crtbeginS.o

On 27/02/2008, at 8:50 AM, Matt Thomas wrote:
if you don't want certain parts build for your embedded
platform, i would hack the makefiles to not build the
gcc dirs in gnu/usr.bin and gnu/lib that you don't want.

MKGCCCMDS=no will already do that.

I misread bsd.README. I took "gcc(1)" in the description of MKGCCCMDS to refer the driver program and not the compiler passes themselves. I couldn't think of a good reason why anybody would want that, so I ignored it.

Maybe this could be changed to

MKGCC           If "no", don't build GCC or any of the GCC related
                libraries (libgcc, libobjc, libstdc++).
                Default: yes

MKGCCCMDS       If "no", don't build GCC, but do build the GCC related
                libraries (libgcc, libobjc, libstdc++).
                Default: yes

just for people like me who are in too much of a hurry to think things through properly.

Cheers,
Lloyd