Subject: Re: Bash shell
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Luong <luong.ngo@gmail.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/17/2007 18:57:25

> the easiest way to run bash on your system is to use pkgsrc.
> pkgsrc is a framework to build software from source for netbsd.
> Please read the pkgsrc documentation: http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/
> Quick steps: Download the pkgsrc tarball
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2007Q2/pkgsrc-2007Q2.tar.gz
> untar it, change into the directory pkgsrc/shells/bash/ and enter
> "make install clean"
>
> Zafer.

I get this message when running make command: "Makefile:58: *** missing
separator.  Stop."
Why am I getting this? I believe Makefile should be working
so I suspect something with my setting but don't know what is wrong.

Also, I use make jsut to make sure things work, but later on I'll have to use
bmake because I am not building them on native NetBSD system, but on Linux. Can
I do that?

Thanks,
-L