Subject: Re: C++ and host-mkdep
To: Tom Spindler <dogcow@babymeat.com>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/08/2007 20:30:51
On 08/07/2007, at 20:26, Tom Spindler wrote:

>> Let me also size this post to ask something else:  Would it be OK to
>> add a C++ host tool to the tools or would this be too painful?  (I
>> see that there is already support to build C++ host tools, so it
>> doesn't seem like a too strange thing.)
>
> C++ support is (still) too unpredictable on random hosts; I'd strongly
> discourage any such tools in tools/.

A solution for broken hosts could be to first build our own g++ for
the host platform and use that to build the host tools, wouldn't it?
(Or, of course, rewriting such tool in shell, which is trivial.)

Anyway, back to the original question: was my patch OK regardless of
adding any C++ tool to the toolchain?

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>