Subject: help to get gdb working ..
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Srinivasa R Kanduru <skanduru@gmail.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 04/17/2007 00:31:16
Hi,

Thanks Martin !!

Here I am posting the question in text format .. (I turned off the
rich formatting option in google. I am assuming this works ..)

 We are using netbsd 3.0 sources and building a driver for it separately and
 linking into the kernel. The sources for the driver and the kernel are in
 separate directories.

 Even when I build the sources with -g option, only the kernel sources are
 available by default (seen by gdb), whereas the driver sources elsewhere is
 not seen. The symbols are not stripped for the driver.
 The kernel is built for intel architectures (laptops). The gdb version shows
 up as GNU gdb 5.3nb1 on the system with kernel built from sources 3.0.

 I used the "directory" option to set the sources

 did a "break <full path>/<file.c>:<line#>

 Nothing works. I would appreciate any suggestion to get it working.

--
     Regards,
     Srinivasa Kanduru