Subject: Re: Crossbuilding NetBSD on FreeBSD machine
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.org>
From: Wojciech A. Koszek <wkoszek@FreeBSD.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/31/2007 17:46:15
On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 05:54:58PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Mar 2007, Wojciech A. Koszek wrote:
> > I want to cross build NetBSD kernel on FreeBSD computer.
> >
> > I used following packages to get src/...:
> > [...]
> > I type:
> >
> > 	cvs update -dp
>
> Your transcript shows "cvs update -dP", which is correct, except I still
> don't know whether you are dealing with -current, netbsd-4, or some
> other branch.

It was a typo in my mail.

> > $ file gnu/dist/texinfo/configure
> > gnu/dist/texinfo/configure: data
>
> If that configure script is corrupt, then quite possibly other files
> are also corrupt, and perhaps that explains your difficulties.

I think it's a reason of files present in NetBSD FTP server. Try to
check this one and see that it actually contains binary configure
script. I fetched mine from:

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-release-4-0/tar_files/src/gnu.tar.gz

(other files also came from this directory)

/os/netbsd$ tar xzfv gnu.tar.gz src/gnu/dist/texinfo/configure
x src/gnu/dist/texinfo/configure
/os/netbsd$ file src/gnu/dist/texinfo/configure
src/gnu/dist/texinfo/configure: data

I'll try once again, with src tree taken directly from CVS. BTW, I
checked out src/gnu/dist/texinfo/configure and it's size is the same as
the one in the Tar archive present on the FTP server.

Thanks,

--
Wojciech A. Koszek
wkoszek@FreeBSD.org