Subject: Re: Coexistance of multiple toolchains
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/27/2007 13:21:33
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> % sh ./build.sh -m evbarm-el tools
>
> ERROR: Unknown target MACHINE: evbarm-el
> *** BUILD ABORTED ***
> %
>
> both of "-m evbarm -a arm" and "-m evbarm -a armeb" seems to
> create "nbmake-evbarm".  am i missing something?

build.sh uses only the machine name, not also the arch name, to choose
the default DESTDIR and the default name of the make wrapper.  You can
override these with -D DESTDIR and -w wrappername.  If you use the
same TOOLDIR for multiple MACHINE/MACHINE_ARCH targets then you should
ensure that each target gets a different OBJDIR, different DESTDIR, and
different makewrapper.

There are some special cases for things like "build.sh -m evbmips-eb",
where the name used with the -m option is not the true machine name, but
an alias that expands to both a machine name and an arch name.  There
are no such aliases for evbarm-eb or evbarm-el, but I will add them for
consistency.

--apb (Alan Barrett)