Subject: re: Compiling with -m32 on amd64
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/27/2006 04:59:05
   On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 04:51:54AM +1000, matthew green wrote:
   > "gcc -m32" is not support on netbsd platforms currently.
   >
   > i'm planning on working on it for sparc64 in the near future but
   > not for amd64.

   Could you please explain a bit more what's needed here?

our compiler has currently no idea where to find 32 bit libraries.
i don't know if amd64/i386 headers are compatible enough for you
to use them (i'd hope so, and it shouldn't be too difficult to make
it so, but we had to do it for sparc/sparc64.)  amd64 gcc at least
does already include "biarch.h".

i'm not sure what else is needed without actually trying this out.

.mrg.