Subject: Re: adding TOOL_SED
To: None <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/19/2006 21:36:15
garrett_damore@tadpole.com wrote:

> 1) should I commit this, or does someone want to review diffs first?
> (and if so, who?)

Posting diffs here is good enough, I think.
(lukem is one of toolchain guys, but if no one responds it you could say
 "I'll commit it in the next week if there is no objection" or so.)

> 2) sed wants to be able to use TIOCGWINSIZE to get the window size.  Of
> course, the struct winsize is not in the same place on all OS'.  I don't
> think this is useful for cross-compiling, and I've just wrapped the code
> with #ifndef HAVE_NBTOOL_CONFIG_H.   Is this acceptable, or should I go
> and add the brains to configure.ac to actually figure out if the struct
> is there and if so in which header?

It's acceptable for me to disable unused functions during build,
but it's better to use HOST_CPPFLAGS in src/tools/sed/Makefile
to define some appropriate macro like NO_WINSIZE as tools/sunlabel
does, rather than #ifndef HAVE_NBTOOLS_CONFIG_H.
---
Izumi Tsutsui