Subject: Re: NetBSD toolchain
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: jp kn <jayaprakashkn@gmail.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/26/2006 16:06:09
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
Date: Jan 26, 2006 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: NetBSD test suite
To: jp kn <jayaprakashkn@gmail.com>

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 10:29:36AM +0530, jp kn wrote:
>     which are good debuggers used in NetBSD kernel debugging.....? Is
> all gdb options available in NetBSD..?

NetBSD comes with it's own kernel debugger, ddb(4). If you do not port
to a new processor architecture, that will be available imediately.

> I read about kgdb is it available on netbsd..?

Depends on the port, it needs machine dependend support. Once you have that
in place, it is the best option you have available.

> can i use ipkgdb for this purpose..?

Practically: no. It might work on some ports with certain hardware,
but in general it does not.

> As i am doing netbsd porting how can i debugg processor
> faults..?

Usually ddb is the first thing you use for that. You can use gdb on another
machine to map the assembler code to C code.

Martin