Subject: Re: [RFC] Type of long double on ColdFire
To: None <port-m68k@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/13/2005 21:24:47
On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 04:40:15PM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 01:28:17PM -0800, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> > some obvious questions: is there any interest for v4 coldfire
> > support for NetBSD?  it is unreasonable to pursue a common 68k
> > lowest-common- denominator ABI for NetBSD?
>
> There are three different coldfire boards for Amiga announced, so...
> yes, sort of.

then the question becomes whether or not NetBSD be moving to gcc4 any
time soon...  all the current coldfire work is happening there.

I've been poking with gcc4 at work, and one of the big changes from
3.3.x is that the target masks are now auto-generated.  coldfire is
already taking advantage of this, and I could see benefits to reworking
the existing 68k backends for this too.  (adding actual 68010 support,
for instance...)

              "silly brewer, saaz are for pils!"  --  virt