Subject: Re: obj dir not created (subdir sendmail/cf/cf)
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/20/2005 15:13:48
On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 12:38:31 +0200, tlaronde@polynum.com wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 11:13:54AM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
>
> typescript attached.

This looks like a typical problem after etcupdate from a writable
/usr/src.

Go to gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf and check with cvs what's modified
or not present in the repository.  I don't remember if cf/cf is the
only affected subdirectory in gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail - so check it all
just in case.

Also, iirc, if that's inedeed etcupdate aftermath - there should be
more fallout waiting for you further in the build, but my memory is
hazy.  Probably MAKEDEV.

It might be a good idea to make cvs update and really pay attention to
the '?'s and 'M's.  May be even do cvs update -I \!

PS: This question is asked repeatedly.  We should fix whatever causes
this lossage and add a FAQ entry for this lossage mode.

SY, Uwe