Subject: Re: Can't link sparc64 GENERIC
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/11/2005 16:43:08
Martin Husemann wrote:

>On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 04:16:58PM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
>

>>Note that this is building _from_ i386 (2.0_STABLE) with a sparc64 target;
>>I had to build both a sparc64 and sparc toolchain to get the build to happen.
>>

>You should not have needed the sparc64 toolchain - where did you use that?
>
>Martin

OK, I probably should edit my previous statement - "I needed a sparc
toolchain" - this surprised me, given that I was building with -m
sparc64, but after thinking about it, it makes sense.  (ie, I built a
sparc64 toolchain, then tried building sparc64 GENERIC32 and discovered
I needed sparc, so I built that)

+j

+j