Subject: Re: patch rfc: "host tools" disklabel, fdisk
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/23/2005 19:49:41
>> [GNU-style indentation]
> GNU double indents are ugly, in the opinion of many here,

Not that that means much by itself.  For exmaple, I find KNF much
horrider than anything GNU has done (wrt whitespace, at least).
No individual's aesthetics do (or, IMO, should) rule here.

> and NetBSD-supplied sources (meaning, not including `dist') should
> follow the established KNF standard.

Yes; it is more important that a standard be followed than which
standard it is.  Ugly as I find KNF, I'd rather have, for Project
purposes, uniform KNF than the mishmash of almost as many different
styles as there are developers that would result if we hadn't picked a
single style to stick with.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign