Subject: Recent changes to sys/endian.h break eVC
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/27/2005 21:55:54
sys/endian.h now has routines to encode/decode big- and little-endian
multi-octet values to/from an octet stream.  The problem is that that
64-bit routines use constants with ...ULL suffix, and embedded Visual
C (that we use to compile hpcboo.exe - a WinCE boot loader for
NetBSD/hpc* ports) is old enough to not know anything about ULL.

For the time being I hacked around this with #ifndef _WIN32, as
hpcboot does not need those routines.  But that's not something I feel
comfortable with to commit.

Any suggestions?

PS: Oh, and why there, I thought we discourage unqualifed use of
"unsigned" as, e.g., in (unsigned)u in {be,le}16enc.

SY, Uwe