Subject: re: problems compiling gcc-3.4.3
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Kamal R. Prasad <kamalpr@yahoo.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/12/2005 20:59:58
Hello,

Thanks everybody for the help. I managed to compile
gcc-3.4.3 successfully for i386. For those who want to
do the same:-
You don't need to skip the autoconf mechanism -but
many gnu tools are reqd (and /usr/local/bin would need
precedence over /usr/bin in the path). The tools are
autoconf, m4, bison, binutils, sed and make (at the
very least). Maybe a more frequent synch up of the
netbsd src tree with gnu will help.
# autoconf
will generate the configure script which needs to be
modified with the following line
m4_prepare_allow(AS_FOR_TARGET)

ltconfig needs host="..." in place where you get a
warning because for some reason, it wouldn't utilize
the param "ltmain.sh" to extract the host properly.

BTW -anyone has experience adding bootstrap code for a
new processor into gcc?

thanks
-kamal

--- matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au> wrote:

> you have to use gmake to build GCC 3.4 and newer.

=====
Kamal R. Prasad
UNIX systems consultant
kamalp@acm.org

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is:-).