Subject: cc infinite loop?
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/10/2005 22:39:53
Just today, I booted a 2.0 machine single-user.  (In case it matters,
it's a SPARCstation LX.)  Forgetting I had not mounted anything
read/write, I tried to compile something.

Rather than giving me an error (I'd expect an EROFS for some filename
or other), it simply went into an infinite loop.  Some fifteen minutes
later I twigged to it, killed it, remounted stuff read/write, and reran
the compile, which then finished in a reasonable amount of time.

An infinite loop seems to me like one of the worst possible behaviours
under such circumstances.  Surely this isn't how it's supposed to act.

Worth a PR, maybe?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign