Subject: Re: gnu/usr.bin/gcc3/backend needs a cc and more ...
To: James Chacon <jmc@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/10/2005 15:34:22
(Please CC me on replies. Thank you.)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, James Chacon wrote:

> > Maybe I could add:
> >
> > (Define HOST_CC and HOST_CXX in your environment to point to your
> > compilers if in non-standard places or if you need to choose a specific
> > compiler.)
> >
> > Or maybe that could go in the "Environment variables" section.
>
> Both can't hurt. Reference it under the build process to see environment
> variables if you need to override/manually set these.

Okay, I'll do that.

The last thing that comes to my mind is that BUILDING doesn't mention
"ports". It is unclear that -m can be set to a port name, like "-m hp700".
I found out my answer by using google.

Maybe the definition of MACHINE and/or -m can specifically mention the
term "port" or "ports" and also show some examples and also point to a
list of MACHINEs that are available.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/