Subject: re: USE_LIBSTDCXX
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/18/2004 00:17:28

   > that's right.  (the bits are included directly; libsupc++ is
   > only built as a normal archive, not shlib.)
   >
   > the problem is for programs that _don't_ use (want) libstdc++.
   > with GCC3, those programs _do_ need libsupc++...  perhaps there
   > should be a -nostdc++ option or something that does this?

   What programs are these?  How would they be built using a stock GCC
   (i.e. not one built from the NetBSD tree, but one built with
   configure/gmake)?

   (NetBSD's GCC should behave the same way!)

the one that comes to mind is groff.  why would we want to have
it linked against libstdc++ when it's not required?

.mrg.