Subject: Re: MAKEFLAGS/MFLAGS
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@tendra.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/17/2004 17:30:00
Hi Simon,

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 11:48:27PM -0800, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

> >> You want:
> >>
> >> .MAKEFLAGS: -m ${.CURDIR}/mk
>
> Ok, but note that you want the special target .MAKEFLAGS, not a variable
> The other useful one (at least with NetBSD make and the bmake that is
> derrived from it) is the _variable_ .MAKEOVERRIDES which is useful for
> simulating variables asigned to on the command line.

Yes, you are so right.  Excuse me while I smack myself for not seeing the
difference between a colon and an equal sign.  Using the colon, of course,
works as it should.

> Sorry, no idea what that might be, or wether anything I tell you
> applies to it ;-)

http://www.tendra.org/ ;)
My personal project.  It's essentially OpenBSD's make, taken from Open
Packages, so a large part still comes from NetBSD and Adam's work.

Thanks again!

--Jeroen