Subject: Re: remove default of STRIPFLAG=-s ?
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/12/2004 10:58:20
matthew green wrote:
> i disagree quite heavily.  binaries with *just* symbols in them are
> actually quite useful if you are debugging.  you don't have *real*
> debug info but you can see what functions are what and often that's
> all you need to find / fix a bug.

Okay, the traceback is very useful to track down the problem place.
Ain't our base programs bug-free tho, so we don't need it? ;)

If the toal size difference is really just 100K for whole base,
I guess it's no big deal.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-