Subject: Re: how to use crosscompiler?
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/04/2004 11:59:53
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Luke Mewburn wrote:

:   | i'm not sure that the usr/lib/lib/libfoo.so.M.N is actually necessary
:   | even?  ld.so will load .so.M which has always been a symlink to the
:   | real thing, and here it doesn't point to the symlink of the real thing,
:   | but the real thing... i don't think usr/lib/libfoo.so.M.N links to
:   | /lib are required in any case..?
:
: The /usr/lib/libfoo.so.N.M symlinks to /lib were just for consistency
: with the non-symlinked libraries.
:
: I'm ambivalent about whether they're needed or not; I'll wait
: to see what other toolchain-clued people have to say.

They're unneeded.  ELF has no idea what those libraries are.  8-)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>