Subject: Re: building release: two annoyances
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: James Chacon <jmc@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/20/2003 10:35:39
On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 04:36:51PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Trying to do my own snapshot of 1.6.2_RCwhatever, I ran into two
> annoyances:
>
> 1) when doing a release in src, then in xsrc, then going back to src
>    to do an update, checkflist complains that there's a lot of X stuff
>    in $DESTDIR. Of course it is, that's from the xsrc build.
>    It would be nice if checkflist was ran with -both if X files are
>    found to be installed.

Go ahead and submit a PR for this one as a change-request if you could. I
think it might just be simpler to have checkflist do -both always but want
to test some things as well. (and the 1.6. branch is different than -current
in a fair number of ways there so it's unlikely to get completely fixed
there)

> 2) In src, when doing "build.sh -u -r", it will nuke away the toolchain,
>    then complain that things like mkstemp etc. aren't there any more -
>    surprise! Maybe this can be changed to just rebuild the
>    toolchain first, or not try to use it after it's been nuked.

That just sounds like a bug and should get a PR opened.

James