Subject: Re: Fwd: libc without YP
To: Srinivasa Kanduru <ksraghavan@yahoo.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/25/2003 21:14:03
On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 12:02:36AM -0800, Srinivasa Kanduru wrote:
  | I have neither enabled YP nor HESIOD. But I think now I know what
  | the problem is .. Thanks for the hint. Do you think this is right ?
  |
  | Leaving HESIOD undefined matches the following condition and enables
  | HESIOD in the CPPFLAGS which is not what is intended I think.
  |
  | .if (${USE_HESIOD} != "no")
  | CPPFLAGS+=      -DHESIOD
  | .endif
  |
  | Maybe the right way to put the condition is
  |
  | .if (${USE_HESIOD} == "yes")
  | CPPFLAGS+=     -DHESIOD
  | .endif
  |
  | That solves the problem.

Only if you explicitly set USE_HESIOD to something other than `no'.

Our "defacto" mechanism is that variables are tested against "no",
even "yes/no" variables, because there's no simple way to enforce
that such variables may only contain those two values, and it's easier
to have a single consistent check (== "no", or != "no") than cater for
all the various alternatives.