Subject: Re: Build.sh script changes
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Srinivasa Kanduru <ksraghavan@yahoo.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/25/2003 00:25:51
--- Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 03:29:10PM -0800, Srinivasa Kanduru wrote:
>   | I would suggest some trivial changes in build.sh script ..
>   | a) the DEFTOOLDIR seems to be a good way of avoiding rebuild of
>   | nbmake which is inevitable if TOOLDIR is not set and is to be
>   | decided in a standard way.
>
> this seems unnecessary to me.  if you want to avoid the rebuild,
> either use "-T tooldir" or set $TOOLDIR in your environment.

Correct this serves the same purpose ..

>   | b) it might be useful to be able to pass the makeenv variables to
>   | makewrapper
>
> how does this differ from 'build.sh -V var=val' ?

'-V' option is there only with make I think, not with build.sh

A limited number of variables can be set with the existing build.sh options, I
am not sure if there is a generic way of passing environ variables to make
through the build script.

> ps; please don't "reply" to an existing thread to start a new thread;
> it causes confusion with mailers that support threading.  if you must
> do this, delete any "in-reply-to" and "references" lines when you
> change the subject.  thanks!

Sure Next time I will keep that in mind.

Regards,
Srini.