Subject: dependancy problem in binutils
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/16/2003 20:38:43
Hi,
doing a current sgimips build.sh -j2 on a dual-proc host I ran into a bug which
I think is a dependancy problem (Also note that the build didn't stop on
the first error, which may be another bug).
The build finally fails because mips-elf2ecoff isn't built. It seems that this
is caused by a make in binutils failing: it tries to build mipselnetbsd.lo, but
bfd.h isn't built yet. bfd.h is built shortly after, though, as can be seen
in the log.
I didn't find an obvious place where to add a dependancy or a .WAIT, so
I ask here :)

The build log is available at
ftp://asim.lip6.fr/outgoing/build-sgimips.log.bug.gz
The first error is at line 12006. Note that bfd.h is built at line 12013.
I did a build.sh -u, but objdir, destdir and releasedir were all cleaned by
hand before starting the build.

A subsequent build.sh -u properly builds the tools (release fails later, but
for different reasons).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>