Subject: macos X cross compile broken with HAVE_GCC3=yes
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/04/2003 14:32:12
The recent switch to HAVE_GCC3=yes for i386 has broken
cross compiling when hosted on macos X.

The same tree compiles fine if I put HAVE_GCC3=no in mk.conf

The problem appears to be that -no-cpp-precomp is not being included
on the command line when compiling gcc.  It does appear to be used
correctly when HAVE_GCC3=no.  I have uploaded build logs to ftp.netbsd.org

A log of the failed compile is at:
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/dbj/build.gcc3yes

A log of the successful compile with HAVE_GCC3=no is at:
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/dbj/build.gcc3no

I am using the Dec 2002 developer tools on MacOS X 10.2.6
This is a clean netbsd-current source tree updated via CVS
on approximately 20030929T2022Z

I could use some help in unraveling the build system enough
to understand what is wrong and getting it fixed.

Thanks,
Darrin