Subject: Anti-Optimizing Build (Was Re: optimizing compilation of netbsd-current)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Nate Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/16/2003 00:13:27
On Mon September 15 2003 00:46, Scott Zahn wrote:
> Hey all, I'm in the process of upgrading netbsd 1.6 to
> netbsd-current on my box.  I really want to optimize the binaries
> I'm compiling.  Is there a better way to specify gcc flags other
> than editing the 20 or so Makefiles and configure scripts?  I
> already have CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS set in my environment, but they
> don't seem to have any affect.  If anyone could point me in a good
> direction, I'd appreciate it.

I to would like to know if there are any simple ways to control
optimization in a -current build (sources w/ build.sh), but for
different reasons. I want to disable all compiler optimizations (-O*
-> -O0) and enable complete "debugging". I want full symbol tables
and non-stripped binaries. Anyone know a simple way to do this
globally?

-----
1 = 2