Subject: Re: Either lint is broken or libbfd
To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/18/2003 08:55:11
On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 09:49:57PM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> FWIW, see bfd/configure.host.  You can define variables there to set a
> 64 bit type which works on the host, based on the host configuration
> name.

Yes. I should have pointed out that gdb 5.3 builds just fine out of the
box on NetBSD/sparc64 (with a minor fix for long != int). This problem
only manifests in the NetBSD reachover way of building it (basically because
the GNU way to build gdb does not invoke our lint).

> You didn't mention the possibility of checking for lint as well as
> __GNUC__.

Right, or just hand-editing bfd.h for the arch in question to get the proper
define regardless of the compiler/lint used. The NetBSD reachover build does
not generate bfd.h on the fly.

Martin