Subject: Re: sparc64 and gcc3's long width
To: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/06/2003 21:23:52
On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 06:21:40PM +0000, john heasley wrote:
> sparc64/auto-build.h has SIZEOF_LONG as 4 bytes, rather than 8.

This is a description of the *host* computer building the compiler. If I
understood Matt Green correctly, this file is going away, but for now we are
in a dilema: setting this value to 8 makes the compiler build native on
sparc64 (this is the only change needed, the whole build completes just fine,
at least without -j). But: this would break cross-builds from (for example)
i386.

I have patched it in all my sparc64 local trees for now and ignore the issue
until Matt comes up with a proper solution ;-}

Martin