Subject: Re: pkgsrc gcc3 vs. sparc64?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/01/2003 10:18:18
In message <Pine.NEB.4.53.0306302349080.6629@netbsd.int.duh.org>, Todd writes:

-> On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, matthew green wrote:
->
-> :    Right.  libgcc_s should always be PIC, and there is zero reason for it
-> not
-> :    to be.
-> :
-> : yeah, and i mean config/t-netbsd ... but there appears to be no such
-> : variable for libgcc_s only...
->
-> If libgcc_s.so is built from the same options as libgcc.a, then there's no
-> choice in the 3.3 branch; force -fPIC and say "we're sorry about the PIC
-> penalty, but live with it until this is Done Right."

This certainly beats "you have to link your program differently/build your
gcc differently so that it works on NetBSD" :-)

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill