Subject: Re: different behaviour of system cc and TOOLDIR/cc
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/10/2003 11:43:01
On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 10:16  AM, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> tv@pobox.com said:
>>     ... -B/usr/lib/ ...
>
> Thanks, seems to work now...
>
> So would you call the appended patch a step into the right direction?

I would, definitely.  I would like to eliminate the need to specify the
start/end files in the .mk files, since they can differ greatly with
different versions of GCC (see the bsd.gcc.mk stuff I checked in
recently).  Your patch does not completely solve the problem, but it
helps.

However, your patch does have a problem ... it does not account for the
possibility of the GCC-provided crtbegin/crtend being in a different
location from ${DESTDIR}/usr/lib (like, say, if you're compiling the
system with GCC 3.3).  Please make it account for the _GCC_CRTBEGINS
and _GCC_CRTENDS stuff.

(BTW, if we're going to do this for shlibs, we should probably also do
it for executables in bsd.prog.mk.)