Subject: Re: different behaviour of system cc and TOOLDIR/cc
To: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/06/2003 11:09:06
On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> just found a strange (or at least for me ununderstandable)
> difference in behaviour of the USE_TOOLS and the maintree compilers:

"/usr/lib" isn't in the "libraries" search path for the toolchain
compiler. You can view the search paths with -print-search-dirs.

> Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I don't think so. Since the toolchain compiler is (potentially) a
cross compiler, you really don't want it searching in the base system.
Note that for the NetBSD build, all the "${DESTDIR}/lib/crt*" files
are supplied on the command line.

Frederick