Subject: Re: elf.c warnings
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/08/2003 17:09:48
On Thu, 8 May 2003, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

: >    That's probably sensible for "real" changes.  But having unnecessary diffs
: >    in our local tree just makes importing the next version harder, since it's
: >    one more file that potentially has to be handled carefully -- what if the
: >    binutils maintainers adopt a different solution?
: >
: > these changes fix real build problems - because we use -Werror.
:
: I have to ask why?  It's fine to enforce -Werror on internal packages, but
: not on imported ones.

"-Werror" != "-Wall -Werror".  The former really should not fail, even for
imported sources -- gcc normally only issues warnings by default if they're
particularly bad.  The latter will make lots of imported sources fail, and
is only set for WARNS > 0.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>