Subject: Re: elf.c warnings
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/08/2003 18:34:02
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:59:43AM +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> > The following patch eliminates warning when 'make build' with
> > gcc3.3 on sparc64. Any objections to this change?
> >

> I think that in general it is a bad idea to make unnecessary changes to
> packages that we import from third parties.  I would include patches that
> simply fix warnings in that category.
>
> Much better would be to get the binutils maintainers to accept the patch,
> then we can import the change directly.
>
> R.

(While generally agree) that would be distraction from whatever I'm
doing at the moment and a hassle of finding source tree, updating,
checking didn't let me do so, so I deceided to send here first(while I'm here)
and deal with binutils later.

After looking a little more on the problem itself - it is certainly a
bug. Would it change your opinion on the procedure in that case?

	Andrey