Subject: Re: Building on MacOS X
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/18/2003 20:14:08
Le dimanche, 16 mars 2003, =E0 19:17 Europe/Paris, R=E9mi Zara a =E9crit =
:

> Hi,
>
> Since I saw that Jason made some changes to build on Mac OS X, I =20
> decided to try it to build for my mac68k machines.
> With fresh -current as of a few houres ago, the build fails in the =20
> tools:

<snip>

> I checked in the fs.h files and the fields are indeed there. But they =20=

> are not in /usr/include/ufs/ffs/fs.h.
>
> So I have a few question:
>  * Do I have to use the -X option anywhere ?

I guess that this is set automatically from reading the files.

>  * Is it normal that I saw it show warning about things in =
/usr/include
> p.ex.:
> In file included from /usr/include/machine/ansi.h:33,
>                  from /usr/include/stdlib.h:60,
>                  from =20
> /Volumes/SourcesNetBSD/src/tools/toolchain/../../gnu/dist/toolchain/=20=

> libiberty/splay-tree.c:32:
> /usr/include/ppc/ansi.h:2:3: warning: style of line directive is a GCC =
=20
> extension
> Shouldn't it all be self contained in the netbsd src tree ? My earlier =
=20
> problem seems to be related to that too.

I tried to add the -nostdinc option in src/tools/installboot/Makefile
It does not work in HOST_CPPFLAGS nor in CPPFLAGS because nbhost-mkdep =20=

does not know about it.

Could someone knowledgeable tell me the right place to put -nostdinc =20
into (or if it is at all the right approach) ?

Thanks,

R=E9mi Zara

--
R=E9mi Zara