Subject: Re: I want to rid ugly float load/stores used only for data movement
To: None <toddpw@toddpw.org>
From: M L Riechers <mlr@rse.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/17/2003 18:06:09
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 00:48:32 -0800 (PST) toddpw@toddpw.org imparted:

> In any case, there is definitely a problem with GCC using FP registers on
> PPC to do 64-bit moves, it has definitely been dealt with in the Wind River
> edition of GCC, and I am pretty sure the FSF squashed it in their GCC at
> some point as well.
>
> --
> Todd Whitesel
> toddpw @ toddpw.org

Grievously, I don't think that this was ever resolved.  There was
last year, but it just seemed to run out of steam, and trail off,
without resolution.  Could be wrong, and delt with otherwise, but I
don't think so.  Definitely, according to Zack, Wind River has been
blest with the patch, but I can't find Zack Weinberg's patch in either
gcc 3.3 or the cvs repositories.

The original message containing Zack's patch can be found attached to
his e-mail here:

>      __________________________________________________________________________________
>
>    Index Nav:    [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
>    Message Nav:  [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
>    Other format: [Raw text]
>
>                                   Re: GCC floating point usage
>
>      * From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
>      * To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
>      * Cc: Stefan Bylund <steby at enea dot se>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
>      * Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:59:00 -0700
>      * Subject: Re: GCC floating point usage

and the discussion threaded around it.

I'm attempting to include his patch in my efforts to compile gcc 3.3
from the gnu source.

Best Regards,

-Mike