Subject: Re: I want to rid ugly float load/stores used only for data movement
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org, port-macppc@netbsd.org,>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/03/2003 03:30:14
> BTW, Mouse: GCC already avoids this tactic on chips for which FP
> registers do not hold arbitrary values (i386, m68k, to name a
> couple).  Please, give them _some_ credit.

Um, then, I guess I don't understand.  Surely it's easy enough to avoid
it on any machine, then, just by telling gcc that the FP registers work
like the i386 or m68k FP registers and can't hold arbitrary values?  I
thought someone said that it was difficult to teach gcc to not do this,
which seemed at odds with gcc already knowing how to not do this.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign