Subject: Re: build.sh defaults file
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/06/2003 17:00:39
Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com> writes:
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 03:54:34PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>
>  > > > Why should everyone on earth have to write one?
>  > >
>  > > Why should everyone on earth have to write a config file?
>  >
>  > They don't. Those who wish to can, those who don't are in no way
>  > obliged to.
>
> Right, and those who wish to write a wrapper script can, those who
> don't are in no way obliged to.
>
> Face it, your argument is weak, because the functionality you want
> already exists in a more powerful form.

I agree that wrapper scripts are more powerful. I disagree that they
are always more convenient. Some people find them more convenient,
some do not. I think things work best when everyone gets to have
things set up in a way they found comfortable. You prefer wrappers, I
prefer not to have to use them. "Chacun a son gout."

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com