Subject: Re: build.sh defaults file
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/06/2003 21:35:57
On Thu, 06 Feb 2003, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> I realize that there is prior art, in the form of /etc/mk.conf, but I
> consider /etc/mk.conf to be 100% a bug, not a feature.

Me too.

Perry's proposed build.conf is per-source-tree configuration, not
per user or per machine configuration.  People who keep multiple
source trees on a single machine often need each tree to build
with a different configuration.  This configuration would be fine
in ${TOP}/src/build.conf, but please not in /etc/build.conf and
$HOME/build.conf

People who share a single checked out source tree over multiple
machines can put conditionals in their ${TOP}/src/build.conf, assuming
the syntax allows that.

--apb (Alan Barrett)