Subject: Re: (b)make enhancement
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/16/2003 21:55:19
Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com> writes:
>One thing that would really help me is .error (which is in FreeBSD) as well
>as .warn (which is not).

>I have working patches to the code and man page, and Simon tells me I should
>float the idea here first.

We have a couple of Simon's, he means me ;-)

I have no objection to .error and although I'm not a great fan of warnings
(if its worth saying - its usually worth an error. ;-) I don't have
any objection to haveing .warn (.warning ?) too, but since any change
to make has the potential to hose someone, want to see if there is
support from other quarters before looking at cleanup up and adding this
feature.

Thanks
--sjg