Subject: Re: 1.6: how to build a (cross-)toolchain for amiga?
To: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/04/2003 11:43:25
On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Chris Pinnock wrote:

> I don't think build.sh should be using bison. IIRC, something like this
> was fixed in -current recently (i.e. so that our yacc was used whether
> bison is present or not).

The generated files are already checked in for the GNU tools, so they
should not need to be re-generated at all. CVS does however (under some
conditions) not set the correct time on the files, and thus fool make to
re-generate them.

The GCC project solves this by providing a script that updates the source
by CVS, and then touches the generated files. I think we should do
something similar. I suggest that we add some magic to the build
process that touches those files if the generated files are older than
the source files. (This should of course be done in such a way that it
is easy to disable in case you really want to regenerate those files.)

   /Krister