Subject: Re: build.sh to prevent DESTDIR=/ by default ...
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/08/2002 18:22:29
On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 05:52:51PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> May I ask you another little helpful feature in build.sh (or the toplevel
> makefile)?
>
> It would be realy convenient if another build.sh option could take care of
> shuffling the new build DESTDIR contents to /.

I have a shell script which will do the shuffling of an UNPRIVED build,
parts of it are (probably) specific to my system (esp. the list of
which bits of /etc not to move - I wrote it before etcupdate was
issued.)

The only caveat is that it needs some minor tweaks to the build
system, I think only to help it sort out hard links on update
builds - when METALOG has an entry for the linked file, but not
for the file itself - so the permissions are absent and you don't
know which file it has to be linked to.

If anyone is interested I'll make it available.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk