Subject: Re: make: Dir_FindFile still broken
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Simon Gerraty <sjg@juniper.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/15/2002 16:03:02
On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:41:24 -0500, Christos Zoulas writes:
>On Nov 14, 11:52am, sjg@juniper.net (Simon Gerraty) wrote:
>-- Subject: Re: make: Dir_FindFile still broken
>
>I think I like this :-)

Me too ;-)  I'll test it for a while longer though.

I think there is a bug lurking... one of the first things Dir_FindFile
does is call DirFindDot() which looks in 'dot' and 'cur'.
But I'm seeing the lookup in 'cur' fail to find anything after
Dir_Init() has been redone.  Tracing through with gdb it looks like
the hash entries for 'cur' are being added ok , but the lookup always
fails.  Even removing the #ifdef CLEANUP from Dir_End() so that
cleanup really is done does not make a difference.

Also my assertion that the lookup for 'cur' in Dir_LookupSubdir() was
pointless was wrong.  By default 'dot' and 'cur' are not strictly in
.PATH so must always be dealt with explicitly ('dot' first).

If/when I sort out the problem with DirFindDot I'll post a final diff
before I commit anything.

Thanks
--sjg